Thursday 24 May 2007

Detail, detail

Flicking through my pictures from the weekend in Nimes, I was struck by some of the textures in the detail of the pictures. I'm not sure why I got so fixated by the details, perhaps now I'm more unwound I have more reserves of energy to get interested in detail again. Here are some of my favourites:

Bamboo. Lots of bamboo. This artistic arrangement of bamboo is a near perfect visualisation of a bad day at work!


More bamboo, this lot set free from its cage. We saw a LOT of bamboo...



Cool, refreshing water. Nigh on freezing water in the Cevennes mountains, north west of Nimes. My swim was most bracing.


Typical roof thatch in Saintes-Maries-de-la-mer.


Food from a stall in Aigues Mortes. Smelled wonderful.


These roof tiles near the central square in Nimes reminded me of an armadillo. Is it only me?

No comments: